Saturday 19 October 2013

In Defence of Defensiveness - A lighthearted look at what plagues so many of us.

No, don't say that. I don't like it. That's not how I am.

Stop it.

I don't do that. I don't act like that. I don't talk like that.

Are you joking? Are you serious? You're joking, right?

Don't tell me I'm doing it wrong. I know what I'm doing.

I know.

I know. I know. I know.

What do you mean by _____ ? WHAT DID YOU MEAN BY _____???

Seriously? I'm trying, ok?
Don't push me.
Don't corner me.
Don't rush me.

Listen to my excuse. What?
I know you weren't asking for an excuse.
I'm giving you one anyway.

Why?
I'll tell you why.
Though you probably don't even want to know.

Am I holding you up? Sorry.
Let me defend that.

You see, growing up
I was always accused.
Accused of something.

Pushed.
Cornered.
Rushed.

Over the years I became defensive.
Of my actions
my words
my thoughts.

YOU CAN'T HARM ME NOW
I'd yell in my head.
I defended myself.

You can't accuse me now.

And here I am
defending defensiveness.

When no one asked me to.
It's alright though.
You probably accused me of it anyway.

I'm just defending myself.



_________________________________________________
*Author's note: to be indulged in with humour. Don't take this
too seriously please. Just don't. Look at me getting defensive
about this. But it's not my fault. You asked for it.
Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment