Tuesday 14 January 2014

Why I Am Getting Divorced

Some of you may not know this about me but I'm actually married. It's true! But it's not the fairytale kind of love. It's very abusive. I can't seem to win. Ever. When I first met my partner I felt strange. Never did I anticipate that I would make him my lifelong companion. Actually, I hope and prayed that this would be a short-term relationship but it developed and eventually I found myself tangled up in this sick and twisted way of life.

He has caused me a lot of grief. There would nights I couldn't sleep, days where the only thing I wanted to do was to curl up in a ball, and times where I didn't have the strength to go on living at all. He almost took my life, twice.

I was young when we met. Very young. Six years old, I believe. He just took me by surprise. He clung to me, intending to never let go and just stuck around.

I have now decided that this isn't a healthy way of living. Instead, I am kicking him to the curb, because honestly: there are better things for me out there. It's a very conscious decision and while this is going to be a process, I am also excited to at least begin this process.

Oh, right. Do you want to know his name? He's kind of a player. Latches on to a lot of girls. I was never truly the only one he "loved".

His name is: Insecurity.


1 comment: