Friday 5 April 2013

At what point do you give people second chances?

It's a question I've been pondering for a while now and I'm sad to say that I really haven't come to a conclusion. My mind has been aimlessly wandering lately and thinking of all the different, possible outcomes certain events in my life could have had if I had given out a second (or third, or fourth) chance.
I wholeheartedly believe that people are able to change but to what degree? If someone in your life is harming you (not necessarily physically but emotionally and psychologically) how far do you go to remove yourself from that person? And is that person ever going to change? I rest in the fact that God gave him (and probably still is giving him) another chance. I'm kind of amused by the fact that after such a long time, I am now giving this a thought. Some may say I acted on impulse. Some may say that by not giving out another chance, I have made one of the best decisions of my life. Maybe it's true. Maybe my life would've been in the dumps right now and I would be miserable if I had taken pity. The annoying thing is: I'll never know.
Truth is, what's done is done. I can't change my past actions and I don't know how my life would've turned out if I had given him another chance. But I do know this: I am content with where I'm at right now. According to some, I'm not living my life at its fullest but you know what? I'm ok with that.
I'm a work in progress and always will be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment