Monday 1 April 2013

People, the Future, and Ferrets

It's been quite a week! Mostly composed of class, work, friends, and... OH YEAH. EASTER. I seem to like this holiday much more than Christmas... Anyway. I spent the weekend mostly with dear friends who always seem to enrich my life more and more. I am forever grateful for this. Today I even met some pretty great, new people. I get energy from others around me. At the same time, I can't stand large crowds. I seem to function better with a small, low-maintenance kind of group. Just a few. That's why I tend to avoid large events. Take our school's annual retreat to Rockridge for example. This doesn't do anything for me. I am more likely to retreat to my own world or cling to the few people I know and trust when bombarded with a bunch of extroverted college kids. I'm the same way with the cities I live in. I pretty much lost count the amount of times I moved in my life time. Pretty sure it's at 15 now. And I'm only 22 years old. But if there is one thing I noticed, I seem to dislike either extreme: tiny towns and big cities. I'm a girl bred for the suburbs. Does that make me an ideal soccer mom? Maybe. It's not like I care. I just like the thought of having a small group of people you can call up at any time and do whatever you feel like doing. In other news: I still don't know what to do with my life. The options are endless. Question is: Where does God want me? Bigger question yet: Does God even care where I go? Will He bless me wherever I go? Or is there some specific path He's laid out for me? Do I move to Ireland? Do I move to Germany? Do I stay in Canada? Do I stay in the Lower Mainland? Do I move to New Brunswick? What job will I have this summer? What job will I have in September? Do I get another Bachelor degree in counseling psychology? Do I then move up to getting my Master's? How and when am I going to pay off my student loans? Am I going to be counseling anytime soon or will that have to wait a bit? See, all these questions and no answer so far. You know what I'm envisioning? God giggling, knowing quite well that I am so frustrated with not knowing where I'm heading. It's like He's leading me blindfolded right to the doorstep, taking the fold off, leading me through the door I'm supposed to go, and then putting the fold back on again. Then again. That's what faith is all about, right? .....faith. Trusting in the unseen. Meh. It's gotten me so far. So I can't really complain. Whatever mess I am in at the moment, God pulls be back out and places firm ground underneath my feet. So wherever I'm going in the future, (Canada, Ireland, this or that) I know that as long as I'm passionately in love with God, I'm not heading in the wrong direction. After all, He wouldn't be God if He wasn't able to use me anywhere in the world. Right? Right now I really want to play with a ferret and have a glass of champagne. I mean. What. Also, it's April Fool's Day. Believe nothing. Trust no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment