Sunday 23 June 2013

Update & Info About Me

Hi All,

Thank you so much for checking out my blog. My last post has received a lot of attention (my most popular post yet, actually) so I wanted to thank you for deeming it worthy to read. :)

Here's a little information about me:

I was born and raised in Germany until the age of 14. My family and I initially moved to a small little city in Manitoba but couldn't really endure the winter so it was either back to Germany or move to Kelowna. Since we had family friends in Kelowna who convinced us to re-locate to the wonderful British Columbia, we did. Kelowna was my home for about 4 years until I made the move to Vancouver on my own in January 2010. Throughout the last 3.5 years I've been all over the place in the Greater Vancouver Area, but sort of settled down in Surrey since September 2011. That's when I started my education at Pacific Life Bible College. I initially intended to stay for the one-year, intensive Professional Counseling Program but just a month in, I was convinced I would stay for another two years in order to complete my Bachelor of Arts in Church Ministry with a Major in Professional Counseling. So this is where I'm at right now. Off for the summer, waiting to go back for my last year in September and then I have no clue what I'm going to be doing.
Ideally?

Ideally I would move to Ireland with someone so I can find a job, work for a few years and then go to school there in order to get another undergrad because in Ireland I don't have to pay tuition since I'm a member of the European Union.

I have three passions:

God - Jesus has sacrificed his life so that I may live and I will be forever grateful. He has never given up on me, even in my darkest times, even when everyone else had given up on me. His grace for me is unbelievable. I initially gave my life to him when I was just 15 years old but since then, my world has experienced things I never thought I would. I've let him down numerous times, falling into sin but He would pick me up every time and assure me that He still recalls my name. Hence the title of this blog.

Human Trafficking - Did you know there are an estimated 27 million slaves in the world? And yes, that is a  low estimate, and yes human trafficking is modern day slavery. It can come in the form of labor trafficking or sex trafficking. I concentrate on sex trafficking because it has become an epidemic. Prostitution is where a lot of these women, men, and children end up. It is my hope that God may use me somehow in the fight to end it.

Ireland - I don't know what it is about this country. I haven't even been there before but I am absolutely, crazy in love with it. It is breathtaking and I don't really want to die before I haven't stood on the Cliffs of Moher and looking out to the sea. It's one of the few places on this earth that I'm really striving to be at.

Alrighty, this turned out longer than I expected but I hope that, if you don't really know who I am, you know me just a little better. :)
Any questions or concerned can be directed at: huberjessica7@gmail.com
You can also enter your email address in the top white bar in order to receive automatic updates for when I write a new post.
I think that is all! Thanks for reading!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment