Monday 28 April 2014

Dear PLBC

To be completely honest with you, I don't know where to start exactly.
...
This past weekend has been nothing but laughter, love, friendships, and good times. It began with Friday night where our Ride To Nowhere took place. Saturday we spent most of the day either packing or preparing for the Spring Banquet. That turned out to be so much fun. The photo booth was a total success and I'm in love with how the pictures turned out. My wallet will most likely suffer because I intend on printing lots of them. Sunday started off with a fantastic message at Village Church (as always). In the evening we had our graduation ceremony. I am so incredibly proud of all the grads. The day ended perfectly when 27 of us showed up at Boston Pizza. I don't think I've ever enjoyed myself so much with this big of a group. Laughs all around.
Today consisted mostly of packing and spending some quality time with friends at the pier down at White Rock Beach and then getting delicious Indian food.

While this weekend has been one of the best in my life so far, it also came to an abrupt end. Today was goodbye-day. Right now I am unbelievably exhausted so it's hard for me to actually articulate my thoughts. I can't overstate how thankful I am for my PLBC family. I'm finishing up my third year, with one semester shy of my degree. PLBC isn't just a school. It's a community that will wreck you.

You heard me. The community here has wrecked me. And I mean this in the most positive sense. Before I came to PLBC, I had been living on my own for a while and I was fine. I was alright going to work and coming home to an empty place. I was ok being on my own. But after spending some time at PLBC it quickly became apparent that, once you get a taste of this community, it isn't easily left behind. I have seen way too many crying faces this weekend to prove this. PLBC has blessed me with seasonal friendships and lifelong friendships. I am equally grateful for both. I think a true sign of maturity is recognizing and coming to terms with the fact that some people are only in your life for a season. We all so desperately cling to the idea of everyone staying in our lives forever but unfortunately this is not a reality. Some people are meant to be in your life for a few months, a few years, or even longer but maybe not forever. You will definitely have people you'll be able to call up when you're old and you can spend time with them. But you won't be able to do this with everyone. And this is why I believe that coming to terms with this is a sign of true maturity. Mind you, while I am able to recognize this, I don't think I can fully come to terms with is just yet. I might just be in denial about this when it comes to certain friendships.

But hey! Life goes on, right? I want to dedicate this post to all my PLBC people. Whether we are seasonal friends, lifelong friends, inbetween, or we don't even know yet, know that I love and appreciate you. You make this school! You are a part of it. Even if you've graduated or are done, you will never not be a part of the PLBC community. Don't forget that! It's a home you can come back to. We literally have people all over the world that have come out of PLBC, serving God in their own unique way and this makes me incredibly happy.

Staff, oh my goodness. This school wouldn't run without you. Duh', I know. But seriously. You are probably more loved and appreciated than you can fathom. You're not just teachers, administrators, and workers. You are mentors and role models and the impact you have on the students is incredible. We look up to you. We truly do.

I am ecstatic to be coming back for another term in the fall. It'll be my last. Unless anyone wants to pay for more school of course. In that case, I'll send you my banking information if you so desire. ;)
But seriously: You all better take care of yourselves. Don't forget where you came from. Don't forget who holds you. Don't forget who you're serving. Don't forget your home. Because I sure won't.

All the love. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment