Sunday 12 May 2013

What lack of light through yonder window breaks? It is Surrey and rain is the norm.



It's finally raining. After a long week of warmth and sunshine, I can finally breathe again. :)
I was born for Vancouver weather... haha
I love this peace and quiet. My roommate is in her room doing school work and I'm staring at my dinner plate I finished long ago whilst listening to the rain trickling down the pipes. The window is slightly cracked and I love it.
Tomorrow I'm working 10 hours. 9-12, 3-7, and 7:30-10:30. I'm thinking that I'll make lunch when I come home at 12. For some reason I've been getting excited about cooking. This never happened before. On the menu for tomorrow: 
Baked fish fillets with sauteed spinach and rice. I'm even planning on going to the farmer's market with Melissa (my roommate) this coming Saturday. Fort Langely is beautiful and I wish I could spend every Saturday there. 

Tuesday night Natahsha is coming over again and is making breakfast for dinner: pancakes. I love dis girl.

I can't decide whether I like being college-me or adult-me better. Each life has its perks and downfalls. 

College-Me:
- don't have to cook
- can't choose what I eat
- get to be with friends all the time
- don't have to work as much
- get educated
- have tons of homework
- have almost no privacy due to dorm rooms
- have to worry about accumulated student loans

Adult-Me
- can choose my meals
- get to grocery shop
- have to spend money on groceries
- have to cook
- don't have homework to worry about
- have the freedom of going to farmer's markets
- have the freedom to drink
- don't get to see friends as much as I would like 

Ohhh life. It's never in equilibrium... we can't always have what we want. And I do have to admit that some of the things I want are trivial. And then there are things that I want that could be life-enhancing. Like studying in Ireland. Though this is but a mere dream, it is not one I will give up on easily. 

2 comments:

  1. I still think back pretty often to how things might be today had we actually moved to Toronto together LOL :P Just out of curiosity.
    Btw if you ever get super serious about moving to a specific place, you better email me and tell me so I can start plotting on how I can manipulate Andy into moving there too and do it in such a way he will think it was his idea. MUAHAHA I am an evil wife.....
    but he knew this LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! That is awesome. Well... I have been seriously considering moving to Ireland because eventually I could get another degree there and it would practically cost me nothing!
      SOoooo.... if you wanna warm him up for the idea of Ireland... why not? ;) You guys wouldn't have trouble since you still have your German citizenship and are therefore part of the European Union. :D

      Delete